Thursday 17 December 2009

Intro to 3D and Game Development Techniqes - Finished !

So a week away from Christmas and the great feeling today of handing in the projects as finished, been a hard couple of weeks but made it with a day to spare so delighted with how it's gone in run up to hand in. Now just the wait to see how I did grade wise.

I think both modules went well and looking back at the last 12 weeks and looking at my programming skills back in week 1 of this year when thrown in to c++ programming and being given a header file and being confused by lots of new terms to where I am now where I feel confident in my skills and I've got a good base to push on with in the programming heavy second term.

I always find end of assignments a good time to look back, it's hard to remember at times that 15 months ago I'd never done any programming. Now I look back at stuff learnt early on as if I've always known it and occasionally end up talking to people who don't do programming about my work and going in way too technical thinking everybody will understand it !

So on to the Christmas break, not much of a break being had here as going to be a crucial 5/6 week period in the run up to start of the second term. Firstly lots of revision over next couple of weeks for both intro and GDT, 30% of grade up for grabs in both modules so need to do well in them to get a decent grade overall.

After exams I'm planning on cramming in some C++ practise, I have a few books I'm planning on working with to further my skills and make sure the programming skills for C++ are spot on so I'll be able to focus my time during term on games programming and learning techniques for games rather than learning the basics of language

No comments:

Post a Comment