Sunday 6 December 2009

It's December, that can only mean one thing.....

No not Christmas, its's deadline time !

With Console Development not having a am, I hand in before Christmas I'll quickly mention whats been going on there before moving on to the other two modules (Sorry Adam, I promise the blog will feature lots more Console Dev after New Year !) This week saw us look at the instruction cycle and the microarchitecture and how this works with the pipe lined architecture which can see many instructions be on the processing stage at the same time each at one stage of the processing cycle to make the processing more efficient.

Most my time over last couple of weeks has been spent on GDT and turning my game from a clump of game mechanics in a room into a game which can be played in full from start to finish and after a hard weeks work with a weekend spent near start to finish working on it GDT is at a feature complete stage with everything very nearly place. At this stage I'm only planning to tweak game mechanic difficulty through the results of play testing and tweak some of the packaging to mechanics to make the game feel and look better, having this time with the game in a fully playable state to play test and tweak should mean my finished game is of better quality and more polished.

An example of this is that I've already had time to add a scrolling credits page and a few cut scenes in game to add to the feel and presentation of the game, had I not got feature complete at this stage I wouldn't have had time to do these as the time wouldn't have been there for small touches. I'm really pleased with how the games come together and the hard work with the CSD Talk system to tie the game together as I wanted it was well worth it

With all the hours going into GDT this week intro 3D has taken a bit of a back seat over the back end of the week and weekend but there had still been some progress made earlier in the week and this evening. My own per pixel rasterizer now works and other smaller features such as specular lighting and off screen culling have both been added and been made customizable via the menu system.

This week for Intro3d I plan to get spotlighting and my own shading done per a vertex to create a better look for my model

No comments:

Post a Comment